2017.05.13 [Sat] 23:00
For one reason or another, my mouse buttons on my thinkpad have been acting up
So here's my workaround:
What I have:
- Control and capslock are swapped. (ergonomic!)
- The left and right mousebuttons are mapped to left and right alts.
- Shift-capslock activates the rarely used capslock.
- Left control activates alt.
It's pretty decent.... worth investigating if you ever have the same issue.
2017.03.29 [Wed] 01:00
Here are my hotkeys which I've added to XFCE to make it more keyboard friendly.
Get dmenu (source), described as
an efficient dynamic menu for X.
xfce4-keyboard-settings > Application Shortcuts
xfce4-settings-editor > xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts
2017.02.25 [Sat] 19:35
I also wanted to add:
a new forum is in development. It's intended to be a light, classic webforum.
JS wizards are invited to contribute code...
2016.12.03 [Sat] 09:00
So I thought I'd make a list of software which I find really useful...
- Launchy -- hit alt-space to launch any program, with optional arguments attached and macro featues
- VirtualBox -- emulate BSD, Linux, or other OSes
- Skype / Steam -- useful mainly for chat
- uTorrent -- only use version 2.2.1 of this, it's the last version before they added the ads and made other poor changes in direction. This is a famous client for the most common P2P system (torrents)
- KiTTY -- An improvement to PuTTY, an SSH client
- WinSCP -- a very friendly SCP and FTP client
- Foobar2000 -- the best music app for Windows, hand down. Great with MP3s you downloaded using uTorrent.
- VLC / Media Player Classic -- it's a tossup to say which video player is better.
- Seamonkey -- a cleaner, faster Firefox
- xfce4-terminal -- my favorite terminal emulator
- kTorrent -- my favorite torrent client
- dmenu -- basically the Linux version of Launchy
- emacs -- edit text files, use LISP, etc
2016.05.20 [Fri] 20:00
rock paper scissors
Just a simple python script
2016.05.16 [Mon] 14:40
Well, the gallery source code is up on my github.
py-gal @ github
Any suggestions accepted; code is public domain.